Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hotels

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hotels


One of the biggest hazards we have in hotels is places where the formation of carbon monoxide occurs because
there is not enough fresh air to the fuel-burning appliance such as
pool heater, hot water heater or a furnace typically
in a hotel they will put the HVAC system the hot water heater the pool heater firms hotel inside the fireproof room so that there’s a fire it won’t consume the whole hotel and they’ll put fire detectors in the room but traditionally they do not have carbon
monoxide detectors And if they added carbon monoxide detectors
they only added stand alone kind that are not
going to set off an entire alarm. What happens in those rooms is they
don’t get enough fresh air. A flame a fire needs oxygen so it can burn. If it
doesn’t get enough oxygen the combustion may continue but instead
creating the carbon dioxide molecule two oxygens for one carbon creates this. Then where the real problem occurs however,
is not just that there’s a creation of carbon monoxide because there is not enough
fresh air flowing into that fire there’s not
enough pressure with the exhaust so what
happens is the exhaust will start up the chimney but because there isn’t enough oxygen
are flowing fast enough for the amount pressure to take all the exhaust up the
chimney. What happens is it stalls in the chimney
and starts to back up into the building and and get out in other areas were
guests and employees are.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *